Contract and wages
Contracts and pay slips are complicated matters. If you want to know more about different types of contracts, the rules regarding contracts and wages, and about how to check whether you are being paid enough please check here: workinnl.nl
Before you go the Netherlands, do not forget to:
- Check the reliability of the temporary employment agency for which you are going to work.
- Always request a written contract. This can also be sent by e-mail.
- Familiarise yourself with your contract and the terms and conditions of employment indicated therein.
- Pay particular attention to the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) indicated in your contract. If you are a worker posted by a temporary employment agency, you will find this information in the confirmation of placement (‘uitzendbevestiging’).
- Double check what does a stand-by contract mean for you.
- Pay attention to the issue of working hours. Keep track of them while you are working.
- Your employer is going to make some deductions? Check which are allowed.
- Provide your employer with your back account as he/she is obliged to transfer at least the minimum wage.
How do I check the reliability of a Dutch temporary employment agency?
- The agency must be registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (KvK).
- It is good if the agency has the SNA quality label.
- It is also good if the agency is a member of a trade organisation. The ABU or NBBU are organisations that monitor whether a temporary employment agency complies with contractual obligations.
Do you work for a Dutch temporary employment agency? Find out more in the videos
Do you have questions about your wages? Do you earn less than pointed out in the CAO?
Please contact with:
- SNCU (Foundation for Compliance with the CLA); phone: +31 85 210 40 80 (contact in Polish is possible).
- FairWork foundation (contact in Polish is possible) on +31 (0)20 760 08 09 or via WhatsApp +31 (0)6 51 77 12 49.
- Trade unions: FNV (088 368 0 368) or CNV (+31 30 751 10 01)
- Do you want to make an complaint? Read how to do it here.