Travel between work and home
Transport arranged by your employer
That varies per job and employer. If your employer has arranged your living accommodation, then he will often arrange your transport, for instance by minibus or coach. Do you live close to your workplace? Would you like to arrange the transport yourself? Check if you can have your travel expenses reimbursed.
What do you need to know in advance?
- Remember, that you are not obliged to make use of transport arranged by your employer. You can also go to work by another transport method.
- Check in the CAO if your travel costs are reimbursed.
- Are you coming from your home country to the Netherlands in your own vehicle? Check your obligations.
- Does your employer deduct the costs of travel? Remember, that only if you are earning more than the minimum wage, your employer is allowed to do it.
- Familiarize yourself with new travel rules due to corona here.
Found out more at workinnl.nl