How do I know whether the new posting rules of the European mobility package apply to me?
The new rules apply if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a transport company (goods or passenger transport) based in the European Union, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein. You employ the driver, who works from your establishment in another EU country.
- You are not a self-employed driver.
- Your driver performs one of the transport operations listed below:
- Cabotage in the Netherlands. That means your driver performs a trip between two points in the Netherlands (usually after a completed trip from abroad).
- Crosstrade transport (partly) in the Netherlands. This means the trip’s start and end points are not in the country where you are based. If part of this trip takes place in the Netherlands, the Dutch core working conditions apply.
Example: a driver employed by a transport company based in the Czech Republic is transporting a cargo of goods from Antwerp to Rotterdam.
The European Commission has given some more detailed examples.
Frequently asked questions on posting of workers directive
Goods transport scenarios
Passenger transport scenarios